29 Jul 2015

The Piano Man Project.. by Kat French

This is the first book that I have reviewed after having access to an advanced copy thanks to NetGalley. It's so great that sites like this exist for bloggers and avid readers like me who are just starting to build a base for reviewing and writing about books.


I'm so glad that The Piano Man Project was my first book because I loved it so much. I'd never read anything by Kat French before so I didn't know what to expect from her but I am definitely a fan now and I've already added her other novels to my reading list.

Here's what the blurb says:

Honeysuckle Jones has a problem, and her best friends Nell and Tash are on a mission to help her solve it. She needs a man – a caring, intelligent, funny man. But most importantly, a man who’s good with his hands…

Luckily Honey’s new neighbour – moody, antisocial ex-chef Hal – fails on almost every count. Even though the chemistry between them is electric, he’s obviously wrong for her in every way.

But when Honey discovers the devastating reason for his moods she decides to give him another chance. And discovers that the best songs aren’t always in tune…


Here's what I thought:

From the very beginning I felt connected to the characters in this book, Honey and her two friends, Tash and Nell are so relateable and they have the kind of conversations I have with my girlfriends - everything from family to their sex lives (or lack of). Two of my favourite characters are definitely Mimi and Lucille, 90-year-old twins who work with Honey in her charity shop.

Honey's love interest, Hal, is an interesting one. Hal is definitely one of the most unconventional males I've ever come across in all the chick lit stories I've read - BUT he's totally attractive! I'm such a sucker for a bad boy, so give me sulky and mean Hal and I'm hooked. The perfect project for Honey and someone to balance out her sweetness.

Aside from the fact this book is centred around Honey finding a man - someone "good with their hands" - Honey, the twins, Tash and Nell are fighting to save the care home Mimi and Lucille live in, as well as the charity shop Honey works in. Its all on the brink of closure if they don't come up with a solution to stop the owners from selling. My favourite thing about The Piano Man Project is that it isn't fully centred around the romance aspect of the novel, there's so much more to it and they're just as important - which I love!

Also, having never read a novel by Kat French before I wasn't sure about what to expect... I really loved Kat's style of writing, as well as the way and pace in which she delivers her story and characters. Each character developed in some way throughout the story which I thing is a credit to Kat. Amazing!

I would wholeheartedly recommend this story to anyone who loves a bit of romance, humour, and friendship. This story will make you want to fight for each character the way that they fight for each other!

The Piano Man Project is out JULY 30TH! You can buy it here. You can also follow author Kat French on Twitter (tweet her, she's lovely).

Thanks for reading lovelies,
Orlagh
xoxo


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© orlaghmc reads. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig